- Digital Wallets
- Card Fraud Prevention Service
- HFCU Card Alerts and Protections
- Contactless Cards
- Visa® Click to Pay
HFCU has an additional value-added member service and is now offering contactless technology for all HFCU cardholders! This will be a gradual roll-out over the next few months, and members who currently have an HFCU debit or credit card will receive a notification approximately two weeks prior to receiving their new contactless card in the mail.
This newer technology uses radio frequency identification (RFID) and near-field communication (NFC) to provide a more secure way to process your transactions. The benefits of using contactless payments include:
- Secure – Contactless payments provide a unique one-time code for every transaction that keep your personal account information safe and out of the wrong hands.
- Safe – Allows you to avoid touching public surfaces more than is necessary when you are out in public places making your purchases.
- Convenient – Tap to pay, and then walk away! Contactless payments provide convenience through faster transactions taking only seconds to complete.
How It Works: On the front of our cards you will see the Contactless Indicator, which resembles a sideways Wi-Fi symbol. When you are ready to checkout, look for signs that have this symbol and/or read “Tap to Pay” or “Contactless” at the terminal. If you see this symbol and the contactless technology is enabled at the merchant, tap the card at the terminal and that’s it!
If you are unsure, please ask the cashier if they accept contactless payments. If contactless pay is not available, you can still use your card by inserting the chip of the card into the card reader to complete your transaction.
For more information regarding contactless cards, please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Don’t have a HFCU credit card? Compare our different credit card options, and apply for a card that will work for you!
Don’t forget to link all HFCU debit and credit cards through HFCU’s Digital Wallets, which also provides contactless payment technology. Simply add your HFCU debit and/or credit card(s) information to the Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay application on your mobile device. Receive the same great rewards and benefits that come with your card(s), plus the security and convenience of a digital wallet.* Learn how to add your card(s).