- Digital Wallets
- Card Fraud Prevention Service
- HFCU Card Alerts and Protections
- Contactless Cards
- Visa® Click to Pay
Card Fraud Prevention Service
In our continuing efforts to keep your credit, debit, and ATM cards secure, we’ve improved our alert system for potential fraud. This card fraud prevention service will send you email and text messages alerting you immediately if suspicious transactions occur on your cards. The enhanced neural network system has the ability to learn cardholder spending habits and recognize fraud patterns.
Here’s how it will work:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification from Houston Federal Credit Union with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.” These emails will be sent out 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week to quickly address possible fraud as it occurs.
- After the email is sent, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option. There is no cost to you for this text messaging service. Here is an example of a text message you may receive: FreeMsg from Fraud Center: Possible unauthorized txn on card 3331 for $50.00 from WALMART if ok reply 3331YES; otherwise reply 3331NO.
- If there is no response received from you on either the email or text message, you will receive an automatic phone call to confirm or deny fraud.
Remember – our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number. If there is ever any suspicious activity reported on your card, the Fraud Center will contact you by phone or email, and you will be provided with a contact number.
In order for this service to be effective, it is imperative that we have your current email address and phone numbers. To update this information on your account, please call our Call Center at 281.243.0500 or toll-free 1.866.OUR.HFCU (866.687.4328) or email us.