Houston Federal Credit Union is closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is aware of its global impact, as well as here in the United States. Our commitment to the health and safety of our members, guest members and employees is of the utmost importance. In addition, we take our corporate citizen responsibility serious and will do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. That is why we have already taken a series of precautionary steps to minimize the risk for staff, members and guest members.
- We are continuously monitoring and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC);
- We have increased cleaning and sanitation at all HFCU locations, and are working with our employees to ensure they are following best practices related to viral prevention;
- We have implemented social distancing in our operation based upon the guidance put out by the CDC;
- We are beginning to implement teleworking in the operation to reduce exposure, and keep our workforce safe and productive; and
- We have eliminated all face-to-face meetings, and cancelled events that involved gatherings of people.
While we have implemented certain aspects of our Pandemic Contingency Plans, we want to minimize disruptions of services to our members so our branches will remain open until further notice. However, during this time, we urge members to use our drive-thru services for cash transactions, ATM and Night Drops for after-hour deposits, Online and Mobile Banking, HFCU QuickPay, Remote Deposit, Telephone Services (Call Center and TellerPhone), and also, our ATM network. Remember to sanitize or wash your hands after using an ATM.
With the convenience of our Online Banking and Telephone Services, you don’t have to leave your house to do your banking. Here are a few services we provide:
- Open accounts;
- Apply for loans, credit cards, and mortgages;
- Check your account balances and transfer funds;
- Pay your bills;
- Make loan payments even from another financial institution;
- View statements and account history;
- Make check deposits; and much more!
Please click here for more details and links of convenient services that allow you to manage your finances remotely.
If you need to get cash or make a deposit, you can perform your transaction through our branch drive-thru locations, stop by one of our owned ATMs, or visit one of our nearly 30,000 Surcharge Free ATMs through the CO-OP ATM network (deposit capabilities not available at all ATMs).
To Minimize the Risk to Employees and Members:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Cover your cough and sneeze, and wash your hands after;
- Stay at home when you are feeling sick; and
- Wash and sanitize your hands often, especially after using an ATM.
It is our responsibility to serve you, and we are committed to keeping both you and our employees’ health and safety a top priority. Houston Federal Credit Union will continue to take necessary steps as warranted and will work closely with local health and public officials.
Please visit this page for more Houston Federal Credit Union updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For more information and the full list of recommendations from the CDC, please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
Call Center Information related to COVID-19 provided by Harris County Public Health.
Harris County Residents – 832-927-7575 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. everyday)
City of Houston Residents – 832-393-4220 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. M-F; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sat)
Fort Bend County Residents – 281-633-7795 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F)
Harris Health System – 713-634-1110 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. everyday; use for clinical questions)