If you are currently enrolled in the HFCU CardAlerts service, you must set-up Advanced Card Controls prior to August 31, 2020 for continual protection for all of your HFCU credit and debit cards.
Let’s say you’ve misplaced your card. There’s no need to worry! Now you have the ability to switch your card on or off at the touch of a button to prevent any new purchases while looking for it, or before reporting it lost.
Advanced Card Controls allows you to take your cards’ security to the next level, by giving you the flexibility to choose how and when you restrict or allow access to your credit and debit cards. This self-service tool within the HFCU Mobile Banking app provides peace of mind in the event of your credit and debit cards becoming lost, stolen, misplaced, or even if you detect suspicious activity, and so much more!
With Advanced Card Controls, you can:
- Turn your card on and off: Instantly turn your debit or credit card off for peace of mind if your card is misplaced, lost, stolen, or being misused.
- Get instant alerts: Customize alerts and receive details of real-time debit and/or credit card transactions.
- Set spending limits: Set dollar limits for transactions and prevent charges over your specified dollar amounts.
- Customize your card preferences: Choose which types of merchants and/or the types of purchases you want to allow or block.
Take control of your cards today! Log in to your HFCU Mobile Banking app, and follow these simple steps:
- Select “Accounts” and select your appropriate account
- Go to “Card Management” and choose a card
- Tap “Alerts and Protections” and choose the controls you would like to apply to that card
In order to take advantage of our mobile banking app, you must be set up with a user name and password through eTeller (online banking). To get set up simply call our call center at 281-243-0500, or toll-free at 1-866-OUR-HFCU (687-4328).