College is a time for students to demonstrate their independence, but typically they still need their family for financial guidance and support. The Visa® Platinum Family Credit Card is a convenient way for your college student(s) to make purchases while developing financial literacy and establishing a positive credit history, under the careful eye of Mom and Dad —so no more surprise charges during statement openings.
How does it work?
Family members share one line of credit, with a delegated primary cardholder. Multiple family members (as young as 15 years old) may be added as authorized users, and the primary cardholder will have parental controls for customized spending limits for each user.
Valuable peace of mind added features:
- Enjoy Fewer Fees -NO annual fee, NO balance transfer fee, NO cash advance fee.
- Financial Management -Help establish a positive credit history, and teach responsible spending habits at a young age.
- Fraud Protection- Sign your card up for HFCU Text Alerts and Visa® Checkout to track all your transactions, and also help deter fraudulent charges.
- Super low-interest -2.99% APR* for six months
Help build your college student’s future with the Visa® Platinum Family Card.
* APR is Annual Percentage Rate. The 2.99% Introductory APR applies to purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances for the first six billing cycles and is offered to first-time credit card applicants only. Stated rate applies to well-qualified applicants. Rates are subject to change without notice. Details will be provided when you become a cardholder. After the six billing cycles the introductory period, the rate you receive will be variable, based on your credit history at the time of application; not to exceed 17.49% APR. The Variable Rate is based on an index, which is the Prime Rate as published in the Money Rates section of The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of the month and is subject to change monthly. Any change in the Index will be effective the first day of the first billing cycle immediately following the date of the change. The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate since December 20, 2018: 5.50% APR. The introductory rate is only available for new HFCU cardholders. Rates are subject to change without notice. Details will be provided when you become a cardholder. **The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked. Short codes are special telephone numbers, often five digits long, which are used to send text messages from mobile phones. You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your carrier, message and data rates may apply. This service is available for the following carriers listed at: https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/carriers.do..