Information & Additional Services
- Identity Theft, Scam Alerts and Credit Reports
- Watch Out For ATM Skimming
- Protect Against Credit or Debit Card Fraud
- Electronic Fund Transfers and Your Rights
- Emergency Preparedness
- Coin Counting Machines
- Visa® Gift Cards
- Money Orders
- Telephone Banking
- Traveler's Checks
Hurricane season typically runs from June 1st through November 30th each year. The best source of protection that you have, for any emergency, is to be prepared and have a plan. Visit the Red Cross web site for information and tips on emergency preparedness.
Emergency Preparations For Managing Your HFCU Accounts and Services:
- Sign up for HFCU’s online and telephone banking services to have immediate access to your account(s)
- eTeller (free online banking)
- eCheck (free bill pay service)
- TellerPhone (free telephone banking)
- VISA CheckCard or ATM Card
- Free eStatements and eAlerts
- Make sure that you have HFCU’s correct routing number (313183368) and your account number(s) to ensure accuracy on ACH, Direct Deposit, and other transactions.
- You may want to retrieve important documents, etc. from your safe deposit box.
- Get extra cash just in case financial institutions and/or ATMs are closed or available.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
HFCU Houston Area Local: (281) 243-0500
HFCU Toll-Free: 1 (866) OUR-HFCU or 1 (866) 687-4328
HFCU Loans Toll-Free: 1 (844) VIP-HFCU or 1 (844) 847-4328
Greenville, SC Local: (864) 676-7300
TellerPhone: (281) 243-0770
In the event the above telephone numbers are unavailable during a disaster or other emergency situation, members can get updates on the status of HFCU operations by calling the Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) emergency information system telephone number:
1 (877) CU LOCAT
1 (877) 285-6228